Happy December, everybody!
To officially commemorate the start of quite possibly my favourite month of the year, I have a delicious recipe for White Chocolate and Matcha Brownies that I hope will kick start your December with a bright green bang!
For those of you that are new to the matcha scene, I really encourage you to try out this recipe. I would say it’s a way of being introduced to it in a more subtle way than being slapped round the face with it by downing a mile-high glass of matcha latte (which even I’ll admit is a bit intense for me!).
I hope you enjoy this little sweet treat, please scroll down for the recipe.
200g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
140g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
225g caster sugar
2 eggs, plus 1 extra egg yolk, lightly beaten together
85g plain flour
25g matcha powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius/gas mark 4.
- Place 100g of the white chocolate chunks along with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat on a medium/low flame until melted.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the butter and chocolate mixture with the caster sugar, then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour and matcha powder and then the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until and skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.