A quick and easy recipe for a classic teatime treat!
You will need:
250g Caster Sugar
225g Softened Unsalted Butter
225g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Vanilla Extract
3tbsp Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4
2. Line a regular sized loaf tin with greaseproof paper
3. Using an electric whisk (or by hand if you’re up for an arm workout), mix together the sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla and milk until you have a smooth mixture.
4. Divide the cake mix into 2. With one half, stir in the cocoa. Leave the other half as it is.
5. Using 2 large spoons (one for each mixture), dollop the cake mixes alternately into the tin. Then use a skewer (or chopstick) to swirl the two mixtures together to create a marbled effect.
6. Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes until a clean skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave the cake in the tin to cool for 20 minutes before taking it out of the tin.
It really is that simple!!
I hope you enjoy,